Advent of Ascension has quite a few unused features. These were features that were going to be implemented but later went unused.
Unused Features[edit | edit source]
Early Baroness Design[edit | edit source]
The old Baroness design was more red, and she had a more generic model. Her subtitle was originally the "Lady of Destruction". Reveals implied that she would've have a different AI then the current Baroness.
Early Mob Textures[edit | edit source]
Unused Mob: Goldface[edit | edit source]
The Goldface is a scrapped mob for Iromine. Early reveals of Iromine's mobs show it, but in the end, it was ultimately replaced with the Mechamaton. Why it was scrapped is unknown, although it could've been to avoid copyright lawsuits with the DC comics character.
It is also unknown what the Professor would've said in place of his Mechamaton quote.
Unused textures[edit | edit source]
These textures exist in the game's files, but are unused:
|Hellstone Tools||The Emberstone tools textures are copied twice in the mod's files, one set of which are called "Hellstone" tools. Quite possibly, Emberstone ore was referred to as Hellstone Ore early in development.|
|Bone Pellet||Unknown what this would've been used for. Possible ammunition for the Bone Blaster.|
|Unused Flint and Steel textures exist in the mod's files. These include a "Bone Flint and Steel", "Fire Flint and Steel", and "Ice Flint and Steel". It's unknown what these would've been used for, possibly in early versions, you could build the portals and light them with the flint and steels.|
Unused Dimensions[edit | edit source]
There are two scrapped dimensions: the Overgrowth and the Undergrowth. The concept behind these two dimensions was that the Overgrowth's activity took place on the surface, with it's underground being bare. The Undergrowth was the opposite, its underground was blooming, with a bare surface.
The dimensions were scrapped due to generation time being a problem. They were eventually replaced with Runandor and Barathos respectivly. The other dimension ideas seen on mentioned features are not confirmed to be added or not added.
Unused Dimension Iterations[edit | edit source]
Many dimensions have gone through design changes before becoming what they are currently. Some of these older dimensions existed in earlier versions of the mod:
- Dirt and stone in the Haven was originally orange. The islands were also smaller.
- In extremely early versions, the grass in the Haven was green instead of blue.
- The Abyss was originally more mountainous, with mountains reaching build limit. The stone was also a different shade of red.
- Mysterium was also more mountainous, with gigantic ravines going down (much like Overworld ravines). The older dimension also had caves. Random Mystite Lamps could also be found generating around the dimension. The dimension was more natural than the current chunky generation.
- Runandor was also more natural, with random spotches of land sticking straight up in places.
Some dimension iterations were shown through reveals, bur have never been released:
- Iromine had rings that generated in the sky. The dimension's foliage was also different.
- Lunalus' trees were bushier.
- The Deeplands was more enclosed.
- Vox Ponds originally generated as a normal dimension with hills, as opposed to the flat dimension that it currently is. The toxic ponds generated like vanilla lakes, instead of chunks.
Unused Dimension Features[edit | edit source]
Reveals have shown that:
- Celeve was supposed to have a minigame of some sort. So far, this has yet to be implemented.
- Barathos was supposed to have underground NPC bunkers. These haven't been added either.
Other unused features[edit | edit source]
- Deep cases were to be opened at a "case cracking station", instead of by mining them. Opening them would reveal uncharged parts that could be charged at a charging table to build items.
- The player was going to be able to use a "special hoe" on Vinocorne as part of the boss fight.
- Some Zal were shown with different trades:
References[edit | edit source]