Tribute is a resource that involves performing certain activites ("giving tribute") in order to please the gods.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The tribute resource exists between energy and battle rage. Tribute is divided into four bars, each bar representing one of the gods in the mod. The bars start out gray and if the player gains tribute points, will become filled with color. Each bar is a different color:
- The top bar is colored green, representing Selyan.
- The second to top bar is colored blue, representing Luxon.
- The second to bottom bar is colored red, representing Erebon.
- The bottom bar is colored yellow, representing Pluton.
Filling the bars[edit | edit source]
In the Overworld, the Ancient Cavern, and Immortallis, the bars will be empty, and the player is able to fill them in different ways for each dimension. Each bar caps at a numeric value of 200, and doing certain tasks will add various amounts of points to the bars.
Any progress made filling the bars will be reset if the player changes dimensions while filling them.
Sleeping in beds will reset the player's tribute. This occurs immediately after entering the bed, even if the player leaves it before sleeping. If the bed cannot be entered for any reason, the player's tribute will be unaffected.
Overworld[edit | edit source]
In the overworld, the bars are filled by repeatedly performing certain activities. The bars will only fill if the player has performed the activities during the day. The activities needed to fill the bars are listed below. Note that some bars will actually go down if the player performs other activities. All bars will also reset if the player dies.
- Selyan - To fill the green bar, the player must harvest fully grown crops. Harvesting a crop adds 2 points to the green bar, making it so 100 crops must be harvested to fully fill up the green bar.
- Luxon - To fill the blue bar, the player must siphon pixons with a stone bowl or diamond Bowl. 4 points are added to the blue bar when a pixon's drop table is rolled once, making it so the drop table must be rolled 50 times to fully fill up the blue bar. If the player defeats a mob, 8 points are subtracted from the bar.
- Erebon - To fill the red bar, the player must defeat mobs. Defeating a mob adds 8 points to the red bar, making it so the player must defeat 25 mobs to fully fill up the red bar.
- Pluton - To fill the yellow bar, the player must acquire drops from foraging or logging, or successfully use an extraction device. The amount of points the player gets per foraging and logging drop depends on the formula
11 - Foraging or Logging level/10. Successfully using an extraction device adds 4 points to the yellow bar
If the player manages to fill a bar before nightfall, the player will be rewarded with a buff, which will last until night ends. The buffs the player can receive are listed below. It is possible to receive more than one buff per night.
- Selyan - Filling the green bar before nightfall will grant the player Speed I.
- Luxon - Filling the blue bar before nightfall will grant the player Invisibility.
- Erebon - Filling the red bar before nightfall will grant the player Strength I.
- Pluton- Filling the yellow bar before nightfall will grant the player Luck II.
In addition to the above rewards, if the player can get all of the bars to be at least 75% full or more before night, the player will be given a Night Vision buff from Krasaun. If the player fills up all of the bars to full before night, they will also be given a Holy Sword.
The bars will reset after night.
Ancient Cavern[edit | edit source]
In the Ancient Cavern, the bars are filled by defeating the mobs that spawn in the main room. Defeating a mob adds 8 points to the bar for the god they correspond to.
- Selyan - Defeat 25 Flower Faces.
- Luxon - Defeat 25 Angelicas.
- Erebon - Defeat 25 Bloodsuckers.
- Pluton - Defeat 25 Rock Critters.
Filling the tribute bars in the Ancient Cavern will award the player the same buffs the player can receive in the Overworld. Additionally, it is required to do so to fight the Ancient Cavern's bosses. Summoning any of the bosses subtracts 20 points from the respective bar. The player will have to partially fill that bar up again to re-summon the boss.
Immortallis[edit | edit source]
In Immortallis, the bottom two bars are used to keep track of the player's progress in the dimension.
The yellow bar is filled by placing Impure Gold or Pure Gold into a Gold Accumulator or a Pure Gold Accumulator respectively. Impure gold will only fill the bar up halfway (after this point, it will stop filling up the bar), while pure gold will fill the bar up completely. During the player's run of Immortallis, the player will normally insert 5 impure gold and 5 pure gold to get the bar filled, as both items add 20 points to the yellow bar until the player is able to progress.
The red bar is filled up by killing skelekytes, skeledons, urvs, ghastus', or visages. Skelekytes and skeledons will only fill the bar up halfway (after this point, it will stop filling up the bar), while the other mobs will fill up the bar completely. During the player's run of Immortallis, the player will normally defeat 50 mobs total, including 25 skelekytes/skeledons and 25 urvs/ghastus'/visages. Each of these mobs add 8 points to the red bar until the player is able to progress.
The green and blue bars can not be filled in Immortallis.