The Abyss is a bloody, gory dimension.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Generation
- 3 Mobs
- 4 Resources
Overview[edit | edit source]
WARNING: Do not save and quit in this dimension. Due to a bug, doing so will cause the player to be dumped into the void upon returning to the Overworld.
The Abyss' difficulty is roughly the same as the Haven and Mysterium. The Realmstone to this dimension is dropped by Tricksters and the mobs of the Bloodhunt Event. When you enter The Abyss you will recieve a Strength buff from Erebon.
What to bring[edit | edit source]
- You should always carry a potent weapon with you. Swords are especially potent in Erebon's dimensions due to how well their base damage synergizes with his Strength buff. Void Swords, Sapphire Swords, and casual Diamond Swords are certainly desirable picks.
- Bringing at least 1 full stack of food or more is handy, especially if you wish to go hunting for Flesh Eaters. It's especially recommended you bring food that can heal you, such as Golden Apples, Golden Gullfishes, and Violet Skippers. Golden Gullfishes and Violet Skippers can be found in the Overworld by fishing.
Why come here[edit | edit source]
- Swords better than Sapphire - such as the Shadow Sword, Illusion Sword, and Bloodstone Sword - can be obtained from the Abyss. The latter can be crafted by mining Bloodstones, whereas the Shadow Sword and Illusion Swords can be found by defeating Elusive and the Shadowlord.
- realmstones to the Ancient Cavern
Generation[edit | edit source]
The landscape of the Abyss is filled with many tentacles, trees and other blood related foliage. Bloodstone Ore veins can be found generating underground in the Abyss. Lava lakes generate randomly throughout the Abyss.
Biomes[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 3 biomes in the Abyss (2 of them are exclusive to the 2.5 Snapshot):
- Abyss (Abyssal Void): The regular Abyss biome. Renamed to "Abyssal Void" in 2.5 snapshot.
- Abyssal Shadow Forest: A forest biome with tall trees made of Shadow Wood.
- Abyssal Eyelands: Contains small trees and a lot of eyeball foliage.
Blocks[edit | edit source]
Structures[edit | edit source]
The structures unique to the Abyss are:
Shadowlord Platform[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Shadowlord Platform
Shadowlord Platforms are short outposts composed of Bloodstone Bricks and contain a Shadow Altar on the top. The boss Shadowlord can be fought here by using a Book of Shadows on the Altar.
Illusion Tree[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Illusion Tree
Illusion Trees are giant trees that have an Illusion Altar at the bottom of its trunk. The boss Elusive can be fought here by using a Staring Eye on the Altar.
Flesh Temple[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Flesh Temple
Flesh Temples are dungeons that spawn Flesh Eaters inside. These mobs can only be damaged at Hunter level 35 and above, so be careful.
Jawe Hut[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Jawe Hut
Jawe Huts are cage-like structures that contain spawners for the Jawes. Jawes can only be hurt if your Hunter experience is level 14 or higher.
Eye Pillar[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Eye Pillar
This is the lotto structure for this dimension. The Abyssal Lottoman spawns here.
Fragment Temple[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Fragment Temple
Wither Rune Shrine[edit | edit source]
Main article: Rune Shrine (Structure)
Mobs[edit | edit source]
The mobs in the Abyss have a bloody, macabre and monstrous feeling. Out of all of the mobs that spawn in the Abyss, two of them are Hunter mobs.
Hostile[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Drops:||Notes|
|Apparition||Spawns naturally||Book of Shadows|
|Bloodsucker||Spawns naturally||Ancient Cavern Realmstone, Blood Iron|
|Fade||Spawns in Fragment Temples.||Realmstone Fragment|
|Flesh Eater||Spawns in Flesh temples.||Staring Eye||Warning: This mob is a hunter mob.|
|Jawe||Spawns in Jawe Huts.||Bomb Launcher||Warning: This mob is a hunter mob.|
|Mega Guardian||Spawns in Fragment Temples.||Krasaun's Dawn|
|Occulent||Spawns naturally||Soul Spark|
|Slimer||Spawns naturally but is rare.||Abyss Realmstone|
|Web Reaper||Spawns naturally||Book of Shadows, Spirit Shower|
See individual mob pages for more information.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Trades:|
|Abyssal Lottoman||Spawns in Abyssal Lotto Structures.||See here.|
|Butchery Master||Spawns naturally.||Butchery Armor|
|Creation Master||Spawns naturally.||Creation Armor|
|Innervation Master||Spawns naturally.||Innervation Armor|
|Vulcanism Master||Spawns naturally.||Vulcanism Armor|
See individual mob pages for more information.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Drops:|
|Elusive||Spawned by using a Staring Eye on an Illusion Altar.||See here.|
|Shadowlord||Spawned by using a Book of Shadows on a Shadow Altar.||See here.|
See individiual boss pages for more information.
Other[edit | edit source]
Shining Pixons spawn naturally throughout the Abyss.
Resources[edit | edit source]
The resources that can be obtained from the Abyss are:
|Ancient Cavern • Barathos • Candyland • Celeve • Creeponia • Crystevia • Dustopia • Ethereus • Gardencia • Greckon • Immortallis • Iromine • Labricon • Lands of Lelyetia • Lands of Runandor • L'Borean • Lunalus • Mysterium • Overworld • Playtopia • Precasia • The Abyss • The Deeplands • The Everland • The Haven • The Nether • The Shyrelands • Vox Ponds|