3.2 has been released! You can read about it here, download the latest version here, or chat on the Official Discord server.
NOTE: A compilation of info (obtaining the new items, etc) can be found on this page while you wait for the wiki to be updated.
The mod developer is holding a poll to decide if the Skill Update or a Mod Compatibility Update should come next. Voice your opinion here.


From Advent of Ascension Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Health 1500 (Heart.png×750)
Damage 30 (Heart.png×15)
Environment The Haven
Hostility Aggressive
Version 1.0
Living Sound None
Hurt Sound
Death Sound
Item (Quantity) Rate
Rockbasher Sword.png Rockbasher Sword 25%
Rock-Pick Sword.png Rock-Pick Sword 25%
Jack Rocker.png Jack Rocker 25%
Long Shot.png Long Shot 25%
Coal.png Coal (50) 75%
Flint.png Flint (50) 75%

Rockrider (also known as The Duo) is one of two Haven bosses in Advent of Ascension. He is very powerful and can easily kill players who aren't properly equipped to fight him. Rockrider has the ability to deal very large amounts of damage with his attacks.

Spawning[edit | edit source]

Rockrider can be spawned by dropping a Heavy Boulder anywhere in The Haven. He will despawn if the player gets too far away from him or if the difficulty is set to Peaceful.

Rockrider can be spawned using /summon nevermine.Rockrider.

Drops[edit | edit source]

Rockrider has a 25% chance to drop any of his main drops and a 75% chance to drop Flint or Coal. He will also drop his statue 100% of the time. These cannot be increased with the Looting enchantment.

Rockrider's drops are exclusive. That means you will get only 1 of all possible items per kill.

Behavior[edit | edit source]

Rockrider has two forms that he will fight in. Throughout the fight, he will often alternate between the forms. Rockrider has the ability to trick a player and only switch into a form for a quick second before switching back. Each of the forms possess different abilities. In both forms, Rockrider has the Attribute of Gun Immunity and is resistant to knockback.

Rockrider's first form is his melee resistance form. In this form, he has the Attribute of Melee Immunity. When in this form, Rockrider applies Slowness IV for 5.25 seconds upon being hit, and deals an additional 5 damage.

Rockrider's second form is his ranged resistance form. In this form, he has the Attribute of Bow Immunity. When in this form, Rockrider's attacks will reduce player's damage by applying Weakness IV for 5.25 seconds and knock the player back an increased amount. It should be noted that if projectiles are shot at Rockrider in this form, they will bounce off and could deal damage back to the player.

Melee Resistance
Damage 35 (Heart.png×17.5)
Health 1500 (Heart.png×750)
Speed 1.3
Range Resistance
Damage 30 (Heart.png×15)
Health 1500 (Heart.png×750)
Speed 1.3

Strategies[edit | edit source]

While Rockrider has range resistance, don't just rush at him, since he could always change to his melee resistant form immediately.

Rockrider is quite fast, so the player needs to be careful when using ranged too.

Weaken Armor can be used to reduce Rockrider's damage, and Speed Armor, can be used, so that the player can simultaneously avoid Rockrider's attacks, while also being able to range attack him.

Alacrity Armor is a decent pick as well as his melee resistant form can knock you up into the air.

It is not recommended to run away from him, as not only will he rush at the player with extreme speed; he will teleport to the player if they have ran far enough.

Trivia[edit | edit source]

♦ Rockrider's boss music is Tough Battle from Final Fantasy XI (Japanese: ファイナルファンタジー11).