|3.2 has been released! You can read about it here, download the latest version here, or chat on the Official Discord server.|
|NOTE: A compilation of info (obtaining the new items, etc) can be found on this page while you wait for the wiki to be updated.|
|The mod developer is holding a poll to decide if the Skill Update or a Mod Compatibility Update should come next. Voice your opinion here.|
This article is about the lamps that emit light. For the lamps that heal the player, see Life Lamp.
Advent of Ascension adds several lighting blocks.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Most lighting blocks can be mined with a pickaxe. Ancient and Archaic Lights are unbreakable by all means. Fire Lamps and Iro Lamps are only available in creative mode.
Natural Generation[edit | edit source]
The following lighting blocks can be found naturally:
- Skeletal Lamps can be found in Skeletal Arenas.
- Neon Lapis can be found in Portal Towers.
- Neon Redstone can be found in Mineralization towers.
- Mystic Lamps can be found in Gorb Villages.
- Darkstone makes up the portal to the Abyss.
- Twinklestone makes up the portals to the Haven and Lunalus.
- Lunar Lamps can be found in Lunar Villages.
- Aquatic Lamps can be found turned off in Aquatic Castles.
- Hive Lights can be found inside Baron Hives.
- Runic Neon can be found in Rune Randomization Stations.
- Vox Lights can be found in Voxxulon Platforms, and in lamppost structures in the Underground Lake.
- Ancient Lamps can be found throughout the Ancient Cavern.
- Archaic Lamps can be found throughout Immortallis.
- Dustopian Lamps can be found turned off in Primordial Shrine structures.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Information[edit | edit source]
Most of the lamps in the mod are used as a light source, building material and/or a decoration block. However, a few other lamps have different functions/purposes (see Usage section for details).
Lamps[edit | edit source]
Lamps are blocks that emit light when powered by a redstone signal (such as Redstone Lamps). All lamps in the mod have a lit and an unpowered texture. They have a light level of 15 when lit, and a light level of 0 when unpowered.
|Aquatic Lamp||nevermine:lampAquatic |
|Dustopian Lamp||nevermine:dustopianLampOn |
Lights[edit | edit source]
Lights are blocks that constantly emit light, regardless of if they are powered or not (such as Glowstone). All lights in the mod have a light level of 15.
Neon[edit | edit source]
Neon blocks are patterned, animated light sources. Most neon blocks are crafted with Lapis Lazuli or Redstone, with the exception of Runic Neon, which naturally generates in structures across Runandor.
All of these blocks have lamp functionality, meaning that they will not emit light and be inanimate when unpowered. Runic Neon has a separate "light" version in addition to its lamp version.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The ID under 'Block ID' is what would be used to obtain this item using the /give command.
- For blocks with animated textures, this means typing in "/give <PlayerName> nevermine:animated/block".
Usage[edit | edit source]
Turning On/Off[edit | edit source]
All lamp blocks will only emit light if they are activated by a redstone signal. Lights will emit light regardless if they are activate by a redstone signal or not. Dustopian Lamp is an exception to this, it can be turned on by pressing use on it with a Primordial Dust.
The Dustopian Lamp is a necessity for fighting the Primordial Five boss. The boss can only be fought if the Dustopian Lamps are arranged in a certain pattern. The lamps will turn themselves off when the boss spawns in.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
|Twinkle Fence||5 Twinklestone|
History[edit | edit source]
|1.0||Added Amethyst, Rosite, Crystallite, Emberstone, Jade, Limonite, Sapphire, Bloodstone, Skeletal, Fire and Mystic Lamps, Neon Lapis/Redstone, Circling Neon Lapis/Redstone, and Neon lapis/redstone triangles and Darkstone/Twinklestone. Lamps always emit light, regardless of if they are powered by a redstone signal.|
|1.1||Added Lunar, Aquatic, Dustopian and Vox lamps, Hive lights, and Runic Neon. At this point, Aquatic and Dustopian lamps are the only lamps that can be powered off.|
|??||Added Iro Lamp.|
|2.0||Added Ancient Lamp.|
|2.4||Added Archaic Lamp.|
|3.0||Added Baronyte, Blazing, Elecanium, Ghastly, Ghoulish, Lyon, and Varsium Lamps. Lamps now only emit light when powered by a redstone signal, and now have new "unpowered" textures to reflect this. Updated all lamp textures (changed the borders to be a single color). Reclassified Vox, Ancient, and Archaic Lamps as lights, which remain on without a redstone signal. |
All lamp and light ids were changed.