Gardencia is a colorful island dimension themed around flowers and gardens.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Generation
- 3 Mobs
- 4 Resources
Overview[edit | edit source]
WARNING: Do not save and quit in this dimension. Due to a bug, doing so will cause the player to be dumped into the void upon returning to the Overworld.
Gardencia is harder to survive in than dimensions of the likes of Precasia and Mysterium, but easier than most more brutal late-game dimensions like Dustopia. The Realmstone to this dimension is dropped by Dyrehorns and Giant Slugs, both of which spawn in Precasia. When you enter Gardencia you will receive a Resistance buff from Selyan.
What to bring?[edit | edit source]
- Because the mobs of Gardencia almost exclusively use melee attacks, Subterranean Armor is a very potent armor set for when exploring the dimension. Poison Armor is also a fair set to bring if you wish to spend a lot of time grinding Pod Plants, as their attacks leave a strong Poison debuff.
- Seeing as Gardencia is basically a giant archipelago, swimming from island to island is not only tedious - but dangerous! The water's ability to crush the player makes swimming here difficult. Not bringing a Boat to Gardencia would only make traversing the dimension harder than it needs to be.
Why come here?[edit | edit source]
- Many types of decent weapons. A majority of the weapons from here spawn Rosids (more specifically the ones dropped by Vinocorne), so they can be handy in combat.
Generation[edit | edit source]
Gardencia is composed of many islands surrounded by a sea. The islands are composed of purple rock and green grass. Massive flowers dot the landscape. These flowers can reach the clouds and come in many different colors (e.g.: red, blue, etc). The oceans in Gardencia are colored purple. However, unlike regular Overworld oceans, the oceans in Gardencia will kill the player if the player goes too low, due to high water pressure. The player can only swim on the surface.
Biomes[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 3 biomes in Gardencia (2 of them are exclusive to the 2.5 Snapshot):
- Gardencia: The regular Gardencia biome.
- Gardencian Marsh: Similar to Gardencia, except the giants plants are very close together.
- Gardencian Fungal: Giant Mushrooms replace the giant flowers here.
Blocks[edit | edit source]
|Generates in Structures|
|Petal Crafting Station|
Structures[edit | edit source]
The structures unique to Gardencia are:
Garden Castle[edit | edit source]
Garden Castles are small-castle like structures. They are two floors tall and are mostly made of Gardencian Bricks. The floor is covered in Gardencian Carpet. On the first floor, there are two spawners that spawn Pod Plants, one on each side of the castle. The second floor contains a single Petal Crafting Station which is used to make the Petal Pile.
Floro Castle[edit | edit source]
Floro Castles are massive indestructible castles. They are much larger than the Garden Castles. They are often found submerged in the water. A maze can be found inside. The boss Vinocorne can be fought at the top.
Wizard Flower[edit | edit source]
Wizard Flowers are small structures that generate randomly around Gardencia. The structure contains spawners that spawn the Vine Wizard mob. They are very similar to the Spectral Wizard dungeons in Runandor.
Daysee Flower[edit | edit source]
Daysee Flowers are small structures that spawn Daysees.
Gardencia Lotto Structure[edit | edit source]
The skyscraping Lottery structure of Gardencia. It will contain a Floro Lottoman on top that will trade a Rosidian Archergun Totem and a Flowercorne Totem for Gardencia Gems. The totems have a low chance to drop their namesake items.
Mobs[edit | edit source]
The aggressive mobs in Gardencia have a colorful, flowery theme. Most mobs in Gardencia heal in rain. There are ten hostile mobs in Gardencia (not counting Vinocorne's minions). Out of those ten, 3 spawn in structures, and two are a hunter mobs.
Hostile:[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Drops:||Notes|
|Archvine||Spawns naturally||Small Blue Petal|
|Carrotop||Spawns naturally||Small Orange Petal, Carrot Cannon|
|Corny||Spawns naturally||Small Purple Petal|
|Daysee||Spawns in Daysee Flowers.||Emerald||Warning: This mob is a hunter mob.|
|Flower Face||Spawns naturally||Ancient Cavern Realmstone, Vox Ponds Realmstone, Small Red Petal|
|Pod Plant||Spawns in Garden Castles.||Vox Ponds Realmstone, Nature Staff|| Warning: This mob is a hunter mob.
Attacks inflict Poison
|Squasher||Spawns naturally||Vox Ponds Realmstone, Gardener|
|Sunny||Spawns naturally but is rare.||Gardencia Realmstone, Flowers Fury|
|Vine Wizard||Spawns in Wizard Flowers.||Flower Cannon, Small Green Petal|
See individual mob pages for more information.
NPCs:[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Trades:|
|Floro Lottoman||Spawns in Bean Stalks.||See here.|
See individual mob pages for more information.
Bosses:[edit | edit source]
|Name||Spawning Requirement||Useful Drops:|
|Vinocorne||Spawned by using a Petal Pile on a Vinocorne Shrine.||See here.|
See individual boss pages for more information.
Tips for Hunting Mobs and exploring Gardencia![edit | edit source]
- Be careful when fighting Archvines. They heal heavily, so if you do not have a high-damage dealing weapon, do not fight one.
- Pod Plants can't be harmed until hunter level 37, and they inflict Poison III upon hit. If you are planning to fight Vinocorne prior to reaching hunter level 37, Poison Armor is a good armor set to take with you. Just be warned that it'll be very difficult to dodge these pests.
- The oceans in Gardencia are shallow (only 2 blocks deep), but everything in the ocean below that depth is air (not including the floor) and it will pretty much guarantee death due to the water pressure. Because of this, either learn to swim really really well or bring a boat.
- Vinocorne is easier to defeat if you fight with other players, but Vinocorne can get stuck in between the steps that lead to his lair. Sure, exploiting this weakness is cheap, but granted he won't let you come back up the stairs if you try to.
- Gardencia does contain some caves, but there's little point in making a mineshaft due to the risks of breaking into the ocean and the lack of natural minerals.
- All mobs in Gardencia heal in rain, so if it's raining in Gardencia, take extra precaution.
Resources[edit | edit source]
The resources that can be obtained from Gardencia are:
|Misc Items||Obtained from|
|Ancient Cavern Realmstone||Flower Face|
|Floro Upgrade Kit||Archvine and Squasher|
|Gardencia Gems||Carrotop and Squasher|
|Small Blue Petal||Archvine|
|Small Green Petal||Vine Wizard|
|Small Orange Petal||Carrotop|
|Small Purple Petal||Corny|
|Small Red Petal||Flower Face|
|Trilliad Leaves||Pod Plant|
|Vox Ponds Realmstone||Flower Face, Pod Plant and Squasher|
|Flowercorne Totem||Floro Lottoman|
|Rosidian Archergun Totem||Floro Lottoman|
|Flower Cannon||Vine Wizard|
|Rosidian Archergun||Rosidian Archergun Totem|
|Nature Staff||Pod Plant|
|Rosidian Banner||Broccohead and Pod Plant|
|Ancient Cavern • Barathos • Candyland • Celeve • Creeponia • Crystevia • Dustopia • Ethereus • Gardencia • Greckon • Immortallis • Iromine • Labricon • Lands of Lelyetia • Lands of Runandor • L'Borean • Lunalus • Mysterium • Overworld • Playtopia • Precasia • The Abyss • The Deeplands • The Everland • The Haven • The Nether • The Shyrelands • Vox Ponds|