|Tooltip||First shot must be charged|
Drains movement speed while firing
Energy shots have no penetration power
|ID||aoa3:experiment_w801 (unobtainable with /give)|
Experiment W-801 is a secret Tier 4 easter egg blaster. It is hidden from the creative menu, and when /give is used to obtain it, it instantly deletes itself. However, it can be obtained through an extremely specific process.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
The Experiment W-801 takes 2.5 seconds to fully unholster, the player must wait for the unholster time to finish, after which the player must wait 2.5 seconds to charge the first shot. It can be fired by holding use if the player has a sufficient amount of Energy. When used, it can fire at a rate of 0.4 shots per second, giving it 14.8 (×7.4) DPS. The player's movement speed is also reduced while firing Experiment W-801.
Experiment W-801's shots are affected by gravity.
Repair[edit | edit source]
The Experiment W-801 can be repaired with the following methods:
- At a Mending Table, using either Magic Repair Dust or Magic Mending Solution.
- Two damaged Experiment W-801s can be combined together with an anvil.
Enchanting[edit | edit source]
The Experiment W-801 can be given the following enchantments:
- Intervention - item is kept at death. Max level of I. This enchantment is single-use and disappears after taking effect.
- Mending - same as Vanilla.
- Recharge - cost to fire is reduced by 5% per level. Max level of V.
- Unbreaking - same as Vanilla.
The Experiment W-801 can be enchanted at an enchantment table, anvil, or Infusion Table.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Unless otherwise stated, all items are consumed upon usage. Also, all items mentioned here are unobtainable through /give and have no known uses otherwise.
First, the player must obtain an Alien Orb. They must do this by dying (subject to change so hardcore players can obtain it) while:
- holding an item that has a registry name beginning with "a"
- wearing a helmet with a registry name beginning with "l"
- wearing a chestplate with a registry name beginning with "i"
- wearing leggings with a registry name beginning with "e"
- wearing boots with a registry name beginning with "n"
The registry name for an item should always have the same word order as its normal English language name. However, third party mods are not guaranteed to do this. Doing this drops one Alien Orb at the player's death spot.
From here, the player must do the following:
- Use one Alien Orb on a Zal Child. This will kill the Zal Child and drop Fleshy Bones.
- Use the Fleshy Bones on a Charging Table to get Dark Bones.
- Use the Dark Bones on a Mineralization Station to get Rock Bones.
- Use the Rock Bones on an Assassin to get the Millennium Upgrader. This will not harm the Assassin.
- While both the player and another mob are in lava (preferably with Fire Resistance), hit the mob with the Millenium Upgrader to get the Molten Upgrader.
- Under the full moon, kill a Full Moon Event mob (Dark Beast, Irkling, Night Watcher, Scrubby, Skellox) with the Molten Upgrader. This will cause a Moonstone to drop. The moon phase itself must actually be full for this to work.
- Use the Moonstone on an Arcworm to give it the Levitation effect. If the Arcworm reaches y = 275 when Arcworm's attacker is a player holding a moonstone, it will be converted into Experiment W-801, which will drop back down to the player below. Arcworms will despawn before they reach that point if done at the ground level of the Shyrelands, so to succeed the player must stop it from despawning. This is done most easily with a Name Tag.
The Moonstone is not consumed unless this conversion occurs, meaning that if for some reason this fails the first time, the player can try again on another Arcworm until it succeeds.