Advent of Ascension Wiki:To-do list
This is a to-do list of things that need to be done on the wiki. Once you complete a task, please remove it from the list (or if you can't, post on the talk page that you've completed said task).
You can also add things that need to be done to this list (or if you can't, request it be added on the talk page).
High priority issues[edit source]
- Dimension pages need updated. The following need updating on the dimension pages (note: some dimensions have some work done, but not all of them):
- Change the prerequisite dimension in the infobox. (see Dimensional tiers)
- Remove the useful drops/trades sections from the mobs section for now.
- Add the world table under the resources section (and example of how this looks can be found on the Haven page).
- Update the resources section (check the Haven page for an example).
- Change the realmstone obtaining method.
- Some dimensions have new structures/structure changes - document them.
- Some dimensions have other minor changes.
- Runandor and Vox Pponds need updated misc. drops sections, Runandor specifically still saying the Barathos realmstone drops off mobs there.
- Take a look at the pages for the lottery tokens and see which ones need updating, and update accordingly. An example of an updated page is Precasian Tokens (note: you can ignore the history section for now).
- On the Tablets page:
- finish adding detailed descriptions of the effects of each tablet into the table.
- add a note to the History section about changes in the 3.2 update.
- New cooked variants of the Hauling fish need pages created for them and images uploaded for them.
- Don't forget to go back to the raw variant pages and add the smelting recipe to change them to cooked fish!
- Split the Minion Slab page into a separate page for each minion slab. You can use the Alluricorn Slab page as an example.
- The drops, stats and behavior of many mobs have been changed, but many pages (mostly for non-Overworld mobs) have not been updated yet.
- Split the following pages:
- The Immortals should be split into Klobber, Proshield, Mirage, and Flash. Each page should be for its respective entity, like any other mob page.
- Primordial Five should be split into Kajaros, Miskel, Harkos, Raxxan, and Okazor.
- Skeletal Army should have a separate page made for Skeletron, the skele-elder, and at least one page for skelepig, skele-hopper, and skeleman (the latter three will be merged pages of the normal, strong, and elite variants).
- Document the new advancements on the Advancements page.
- Mostly done, but there's a few that have been missed from updates prior to 3.3.6.
- Document the new config options on the Configuration page.
- Document the new commands on the Commands page.
- Create redirects for content on the Third-Party Mod Integration subpages. Examples include Tinker's Construct materials/modifiers, etc.
- Split the Power Stones page up and make sure up-to-date information is added.
- Pages have been split, just need reviewing. Once you've looked over them and verified they are accurate then you can remove this notice.
- Several items and blocks were renamed in 3.0, and mentions of these items should be changed when relevant:
- Lottery gems -> tokens (should be mostly done)
- Empty Slabs were renamed to Blank Slabs.
- Name changes listed under 3.0#Blocks.
The following changes were implemented in the Tslat 1.1.3, and need to be updated on the wiki:
- Re-balanced anima stone drop rates.
- Figure out the new drop rates.
- Create redirects for rock candy colors. Is it really necessary, since they're all named Rock Candy in 1.1.3 and the snapshot anyways
- Gave crops some more distinct growth textures.
- Look into the crops and see which ones were changed - the crops on the wiki need to be redone anyway.
- Reduced hardness of bricks.
- Find new hardness (also figure out what bricks are being referred to).
- Exiting through a greckon or runandor portal takes the player to the overworld. NOTE: it doesn't actually, it appears to drop you in midair near your Mysterium portal, which is usually going to be far from the portal tower that sent you there.
- Changed failure calculation on extraction from a flat 33% to a scaling amount based on level. the extraction code is weird and the 33% failure rate thing is still there (where it "crumbles" in your hands) plus the one where you just find nothing which varies based on your level...
- The entire extraction article practically needs rewriting.
- Foraging/Logging: weighted item drops
- Fixed staves being able to be fired as fast as the user could click.
- Needs to be documented?
- Texture updates
- Upload new textures for items retextured in 3.0
and move old textures to 1.7.10 filenames; a list of texture changes can be found at 3.0/Texture changes.
- NOTE:Do not make 1.7.10 images at this time.
- Upload pictures of each individual pixon.
- Upload an isometric picture of the following blocks:
- Update File:Animal Blasters.gif to include the updated Bee Blaster texture.
- Note: Now that Animal Blasters are removed, rather than updating the gif, we could replace it with a slideshow with each individual blaster.
- Upload textures of each pixon.
Low priority issues[edit source]
- Update the boss statues page and add in the Hydrolisk Statue.
- Figure out what the high level specifically from the "Receive double drops from high level "Foraging/Logging" full set bonus on the Foraging and Logging armors is.
- Every single mobs page need to be enhanced, just like Minecraft Wiki's.
- Figure out what to do with some of the structure names - many of them are conjectural/unofficial. This needs to be fixed. See this Discord comment by Scimiguy for an "official" list of structure names.
- The official structure names goes into effect upon 3.0's release.
- Split the lamp article up - all lamps should have a separate article. After split is complete, the former lamp article can redirect to blocks.
- Improving the category tree; some pages and many files remain un-categorized
- Making sizes of dimension pictures more consistent (maybe 500x280)
- Partially done - look into some of the images to see whats left.
- Cleanup duplicate files listed on Special:ListDuplicatedFiles. If both versions of a file are being used on pages, change the filelinks to all use the filename that matches the in-game name or the article title (e.g. "Skeletal Sword.png" instead of "SwordSkeletal.png").
- If possible, make the same changes on the Chinese wiki as well.
- Deleting crafting recipe pictures that have already been replaced by the Crafting template (pictures of tool/weapon recipes made with ingots, armor set recipes, etc.)
- Deleting "strategy sections" on existing pages and eventually creating separate pages for them. (mainly for Bosses and Dimensions?)
- Add a History section to the Runation and Infusion pages.
- Add more to the history sections on the Foraging and Logging pages.
- Page that lists food items with hunger and saturation values.
- Add hardness and blast resistance information to block pages that don't already have this. Check Category:Pages missing hardness stat and Category:Pages missing blast resistance stat for a list of pages that need this info.
- Add a section of IDs on the Crops page.
- All pages that use the old infoboxes need to be converted to the new ones. Note that a name change only isn't acceptable, you have to go through and change the parameters as well (if they need changing). Most of these have been finished already but there's still some left:
- Template:WeaponInfoBox -> Template:ItemInfo
- Note: if a block page is using Template:WeaponInfoBox, it should be converted to Template:BlockInfo instead.
- Template:MobInfoBox or Template:MobBox -> Template:EntityInfo
- Template:BlockInfoBox or Template:BlockBox -> Template:BlockInfo
- Template:StructureInfoBox -> Template:StructureInfo
- Template:WeaponInfoBox -> Template:ItemInfo
- Finish adding all items to Template:Items. Also, reformat the template's code so that it is cleaner.
- Add history sections to pages that have been affected by recent updates. Relevant info on the version articles can be found by adding
incategory:"Versions"to the search query.
- Remove Template:HunterWarning from all pages that have it.
- Add Template:Weapons to the bottom of all weapon pages that don't already have it.
- Add armour tier categories to the bottom of all individual armour pages. For example, add Category:Tier 1 Armour to the bottom of a page that is about an armour set obtained in a tier 1 dimension.
- On 3.0/Id changes, finish adding in all of the 1.7.10 ids for blocks and items.
- The page is also missing a lot of items added in later snapshots, such as realmstones, upgrade kits, etc.
- The items section can be split up to make it easier to navigate through.
- AoA3-Snapshot 9 page:
- Logging and extraction loot changes.
- World gen changes.
- The 3.0 page needs finished. What's left:
- Some mobs have received some changes.
- Drop changes and ai changes are most prevalent.
- Some mobs have received some changes.
- Finish the 3.3 page.
- On the Items and Blocks page, alphabetize the sections that are not already in alphabetical order.
- Create Projectiles, a mega page for all of the mod's projectiles. Detail the projectiles with an image, their name, their id, and other properties (such as being affected by gravity, etc).
"Feature" page cleanups[edit source]
- The "features" pages such as Unused features, and Removed features could use some cleanup. Particularly:
- Some of the things on the unused features page are or may actually be removed features.
- Some of the mentioned features are confirmed unused features.
- Some of the pages could look nicer.
Low priority texture updates[edit source]
None at the moment
- Chinese translation - Wiki project of Chinese translation.
See also[edit source]