Advent of Ascension Wiki:Style guide
This is a comprehensive style guide for all Advent Of Ascension Wiki articles to follow. There are often disputes over which style rule or formatting to use and hopefully the inclusion of an official style guide will help resolve these disputes as well as in helping to reach a consensus.
Articles are only allowed in the main namespace if they meet the following criteria:
- They have to relate to Advent Of Ascension in some way.
- The article has to have enough information to warrant a full page. One-sentence articles are not allowed.
- Information shown in reveals, but does not have anything known about them, should be on the Upcoming Content page.
- Hoax articles and articles about fan-made content are not allowed.
- Progress Guides should be a subarticle of Guides.
- Redirects to the Minecraft Wiki should use mcw: (e.g.: mcw:Stick)
- Redirects with typos, and bad formatting are not allowed.
When writing a wiki article:
- Adding Trivia is discouraged. It's best to place any info possible into the article.
References and based offs
- Never put that something is based off/references something else without a confirmation from the mod developer, or other official source.
- Mentioning other mods in mainspace articles (e.g.: suggesting to use a modded feature in a situation, comparing something to another mod, etc) is not allowed.
- The only exception is if a mod conflicts with another/ produces a fatal crash (e.g.: Battlegear crashing with Quickpockets).
Other Writing Rules/Tips
- Do not put smiley faces/emojis in articles.
- Avoid using personal pronouns, such as 'I' or 'You'. When referring to the player, say "the Player". Only use personal pronouns in unavoidable situations.
- Do not use exclamation or question marks unless the in-game feature uses it.
- Avoid refering to something as "early-game","mid-game","late-game", or "end-game". These terms are subjectural, and mean different things to different people.
Page formatting between pages of a similar nature/topic should be consistant with one another.